- Our appointments system aims to offer a consultation with a GP within 48 hours or a nurse within 24 hours.
- All consultations are by appointment only and may be booked up to 42 days in advance.
- Telephone consultation with a doctor can also be booked.
- Requests for 'On the day' appointments will be triaged by a GP who will call you back to discuss your medical needs.
- You may be offered an appointment with a practice nurse.
- An appointment is for one person only.
- Where an appointment is for a specialised procedure please contact our reception team to book.
- Patients with more than one issue to discuss should book a double appointment to ensure that appropriate consultation can take place. Otherwise, patients may be asked to book another appointment at a later date.
- Urgent cases will be seen on the day but we may not be able to offer a choice of doctor or time.
Book Appointments Online
Before you can start booking GP appointments online you must first register your details for this service
It is quick and easy to register. You will need to come into the surgery with photographic ID and then you will be given the relevant details to enable you to set up an account and use the system
Once registered you will be able to view any appointments you have already made, cancel them if necessary, or book a new appointment with the doctor
When you book an appointment online you will receive confirmation which you can print off and bring with you when you attend the surgery. There is no need to reconfirm.
Text Reminder Service
We have a texting service which allows you to recieve confirmation and reminders about your appointments.
To have this service you will need to register by completing a consent form.
Please remeber to update your contact details with us when you change address, telephone numbers and email address.
Late For Your Appointment
Please attend your appointment on time, if you are late you may not be seen. If you are not seen you will not be able to rearrange your appointment until the next working day-except in the event of an medical emergency that requires immediate attention.
If you require an interpreter to attend with you when you see your Doctor please notify the receptionist and she will arrange this for you.
When We Are Closed
When the surgery is closed call NHS111 unless you have a medical emergency when you should dial '999'. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.
Your needs will be assessed and advice offered or arrangements made for you to see a doctor.
Please do not ask to see a doctor out of hours unless you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
Extended Practice Opening Hours
Extended hours surgeries are intended to accommodate those people who cannot easily attend the surgery during the week. We respectfully ask patients who are able to attend during normal surgery hours to reserve these extended hour surgeries for those who are unable to do so.
- Monday 6:30pm to 7:15pm - by appointment only - no access for general enquiries or collections
(NB: The phones are not on during extended hours surgeries)
- Thursday 7.00am - 8.00am - by appointment only - no access for general enquiries or collections
(NB: The phones are not on during extended hours surgeries).
- Saturdays: Closed apart from 1 extended hours clinic per month from 7.30 am to 12.15 pm - please ask reception
Extended Access to Primary Care
There are now more primary care appointments available making it easier for you to get an appointment at a time that suits you in the evenings and at weekends.
The Extended Access Service is an extension of your usual primary care practice. It is not a walk-in service – you need to make an appointment.
The Extended Access Service is located at Mowbray Square in Harrogate and North House in Ripon. You can get appointments here up to 8pm weekdays and on Saturday mornings.
Information about the new service is available here or contact reception.
To download an information leaflet about the service Click here.
House visits are only available for patients who are housebound because of illness or disability and who are not able to attend the surgery.
If possible please try to telephone reception before 10am if you require a home visit.
A doctor or nurse may phone you back as it may be that your problem can be dealt with by telephone advice, or that it would be more appropriate to send a nurse, or indeed arrange a hospital attendance.
Private Medical Examinations
Beech House Surgery is pleased to provide additional medical services not provided by the NHS such as
- Medical examinations— for HGV/Taxi medicals or for other employment needs.
- Medical Certificates completed for private health insurance and other Insurance reports, fitness to travel and incapacity benefits.
A fee will be payable by a registered NHS patient for one of these or other services
A full list of fees are displayed in our waiting room, please ask if you would like a copy